- Love Your City is a platform that connects people to local grassroots organizations and enables them to donate, volunteer and advocate for humanitarian causes.
- Love Your City is a media platform promoting local solutions and advancing social sustainability.
- Love Your City is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization as recognized by the Internal Revenue Service. Federal Tax ID#: 85-0903109
- Love Your City is a foundation operating as a funnel that directs resources to grassroots organizations.
- Local Strategy - We promote the transformative power of investing in your community. We believe in the lasting impact of loving where you live and who you live with in tangible, relational ways.
- Solutions Focus - We shine a spotlight on measurable solutions. We are driven by an unwavering, hopeful belief that real change is attainable and that working solutions, rather than just problems, should be broadcasted.
- Social Responsibility - We believe that every person and organization has incredible potential, as well as a humanitarian duty, to contribute toward positive change in their communities consistently and long term.
- Collaboration - We acknowledge the distinct competencies and values of various social sectors. We unite on shared goals, leverage expansive platforms, and reinvest resources locally to strengthen communities.
- One centralized location for your local donation records. All donations processed through Love Your City are captured in one easily accessible document. All your local donation history will be stored in your Love Your City profile.
- Multiply your giving. Love Your City will periodically run donation matching campaigns to increase the impact of your contribution.
100% of the donations made through Love Your City goes directly to the designated nonprofit organization.
All donations made through Love Your City are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Every nonprofit organization on Love Your City’s website has been verified as an IRS approved tax-exempt charitable organization.
- Love Your City partners with Network for Good (NFG) to process and distribute donations to grassroots organizations. NFG is a Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance accredited industry leader in processing online donations. NFG, in technical terms, is a “donor-advised fund,” a 501(c)(3) organization that collects contributions from donors and distributes such contributions to 501(c)(3) organizations in good standing with the IRS recommended by you, the donor. For more information visit Network for Good:
NFG charges a 5% transaction fee on every donation made through Love Your City, which is used by NFG to pay banks, credit card companies, & other administrative costs. Every donor has the ability to cover this 5% transaction fee themselves; otherwise, the fee will be deducted from the total donation amount prior to the disbursing of funds to the recipient charity.
- Humanitarian Categories - The nonprofit organizations on Love Your City fall into one of these five categories: Food, Homelessness, Seniors, Veterans, & Youth. In collaboration with other national nonprofit organizations, we have determined that these categories summarize the groups in greatest material need and at greatest risk of facing home insecurity. Other categories will be added in the future.
- Grassroots - We feature organizations that address the root cause of problems in their communities and commit to long term solutions. We believe in the efficacy of hyper local, highly relational and personally invested programs.
- Legal Standing - All organizations found on Love Your City must:
- Be legally registered as a 501(c)(3) organization in good standing with all IRS guidelines
- Have an active EIN number
Yes. We love when people want to champion a grassroots organization. Please click the “Recommend an Organization” tile on our website and tell us all about it.